unutterable[-ut′ər ə bəl]
unutterable definition by Webster's New World
- Rare that cannot easily be pronounced
- that cannot be expressed or described; inexpressible
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- unutterably adverb
unutterable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- That cannot or must not be uttered or expressed: “I burned in the unutterable beauty of being alive” (John Peale Bishop). See Synonyms at unspeakable.
- Being such that pronunciation is impossible: unutterable consonant clusters.
- un·utˈter·a·ble·ness noun
- un·utˈter·a·bly adverb