The definition of unprecedented is something that has not happened before.
An example of unprecedented is the Olympic athlete taking home nine medals, setting a new record.
Having no previous example: unprecedented economic growth.
- Never before seen or done, without precedent.
un- +"Ž precedent +"Ž -ed.
- The preparations were made on an unprecedented scale.
- Under a government which allowed to the people an unprecedented liberty of speech.
- During the year 1905-1906 the society's circulation reached the unprecedented total of 5,977,453 copies, including 968,683 Bibles and 1,326,475 Testaments.
- After America's entrance into the war he was called upon to raise unprecedented sums of money.
- Bocskay survived this signal and unprecedented triumph only a few months.