- The definition of a tweak is a small adjustment made to something in order to improve it.
A small adjustment made to the engine of a car to make it run better is an example of a tweak.
- To tweak is to twist sharply, or to make small adjustments to something in order to improve it.
- When you twist someone's nose, this is an example of tweak.
- When you make small adjustments to a car's engine to make it run optimally, this is an example of tweak.
tweak definition by Webster's New World
- to give a sudden, twisting pinch to (someone's nose, ear, cheek, etc.)
- to adjust or modify slightly, so as to improve performance, efficiency, etc.; fine-tune
Origin: variant, variety of dialect, dialectal twick ; from Middle English twikken ; from Old English twiccan, to twitch
- such a pinch
- a minor adjustment or modification
tweak definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb tweaked, tweak·ing, tweaks
- To pinch, pluck, or twist sharply.
- To adjust; fine-tune.
- To make fun of; tease.
- A sharp, twisting pinch.
- A teasing remark or action; a joke.
Origin: Probably variant of dialectal twick, from Middle English twikken, from Old English twiccian.
- tweakˈy adjective
tweak - Computer Definition
To make minor adjustments in an electronic system or in a software program in order to improve performance. See calibrate.