- a person who transmits
- a thing that transmits; specif.,
- the part of a telegraphic instrument by which messages are sent
- the part of a telephone, behind or including the mouthpiece, that converts speech sound into electric impulses for transmission
- the apparatus that generates radio waves, modulates their amplitude or frequency, and transmits them by means of an antenna
- One that transmits: a transmitter of disease.
- a. An electronic device that generates and amplifies a carrier wave, modulates it with a meaningful signal derived from speech or other sources, and radiates the resulting signal from an antenna.b. The portion of a telephone that converts the incident sounds into electrical impulses that are conveyed to a remote receiver.c. A telegraphic sending instrument.
- A neurotransmitter.
transmit + -er