- Present participle of tape.
- The act of something being taped
- When we were in Los Angeles, we went to the taping of the television show The Price is Right.
Variant of tape
- a strong, narrow, woven strip of cotton, linen, etc. used to bind seams in garments, tie bundles, etc.
- a narrow strip or band of steel, paper, etc.
- a strip of cloth stretched between posts above the finishing line of a race
- tape measure
- adhesive tape, friction tape, magnetic tape, ticker tape, etc.
Origin of tapeMiddle English ; from Old English tæppe, a fillet, akin to tæppa: see tap