slow motionslow motion
- slow-motion movement or action
- an effect using slow-motion photography or video techniques
- moving or operating below usual or normal speed
- designating a film or taped TV sequence in which the action is made to appear slower than the actual action by exposing more frames per second than is usual and projecting the film at normal speed or by filming or taping at normal speed and projecting or replaying at a lower than usual speed
A filmmaking technique in which the action on screen is slower than normal, achieved by filming at a speed faster than the standard rate and then projecting the film at the standard speed.
- A technique of film, photography, and video to stretch time and allow visibility of things normally happening too fast to be conveniently examined.
- slower than regular speed.
- Slow-motion replay seems jerky because there really aren't enough frames.