- To remove something from a wall or similar vertical surface to which it is fixed.
- He took down the picture and replaced it with the framed photograph.
- To remove something from a hanging position.
- We need to take down the curtains to be cleaned.
- To write a note. Usually to record something that is said.
- If you have a pen, you can take down my phone number.
- To remove a temporary structure such as scaffolding.
- When everything else is packed, we can take down the tent.
- To lower an item of clothing without removing it.
- The doctor asked me to take down my trousers.
take-down - Investment & Finance Definition
Discount from the offering price that is given to a member of an underwriting group that is selling the securities.