- sodium oxide, NaO
- sodium bicarbonate
- sodium carbonate
- sodium hydroxide
- soda water
- a flavored, carbonated soft drink, esp. as sold in bottles or cans
- a confection of soda water flavored with syrup, fruit, etc. and served with ice cream in it
- in faro, the card turned up in the dealing box before play starts
Origin of sodaMedieval Latin (or Italian or Sp) from Arabic suwayd, burnt plant (from which soda was produced), diminutive of ?aswad, black
- a. Any of various forms of sodium carbonate.b. Chemically combined sodium.
- a. See carbonated water.
- A refreshment made from carbonated water, ice cream, and usually a flavoring.
- Games The card turned face up and discarded at the beginning of faro.
Origin of sodaMiddle English sode, soda saltwort, soda from Old Italian soda perhaps from Arabic suwayd soda, soda-plant or suwayda type of saltwort šwd
(countable and uncountable, plural sodas)