- The definition of setup is a relief pitcher who pitches right before the closer.
An example of a setup pitcher is a relief pitcher who does pitch the last balls of the game.
- Setup is defined as the way in which something is arranged, or a contest where the victory is predetermined because the two contestants are not evenly matched.
- An example of a setup is how food and drinks are arranged at a party.
- An example of a setup is when a strong debater is matched with a weak debater.
- the way in which something is set up; specif.,
- the plan, makeup, or arrangement, as of equipment or an organization
- the details of a situation, plan of action, etc.
- bodily posture; carriage
- the glass, ice, soda water, etc. provided for preparing an alcoholic drink
- a contest deliberately arranged as an uneven match to result in an easy victory
- the contestant marked for defeat in such a contest
- an undertaking that is, or is purposely made, very easy, or a goal or result that is easy to achieve
- a person who is easily tricked
Baseball of or having to do with a relief pitcher who specializes in pitching just before the closer
- The way in which something is constituted, arranged, or planned.
- The gathering and organization of the equipment needed for an operation, procedure, or task.
- a. Physical makeup; physique.b. Body posture or carriage, especially militarily erect bearing.
- a. often setups Informal The collective ingredients, such as ice, mixers, and glasses, necessary for serving various alcoholic drinks.b. A table setting, as in a restaurant.
- A camera position, as for a particular shot in a scene being filmed.
- Slang a. A contest prearranged to result in an easy or faked victory.b. An endeavor intentionally made easy.c. A deceptive scheme, such as a fraud or hoax.
- A plan or strategy for a projected course of action.
- Sports A play or pass that creates a scoring opportunity.
- Equipment designed for a particular purpose; an apparatus.
- The laboratory included an elaborate setup for measuring the energy.
- The fashion in which something is organized or arranged.
- The classroom setup was simple and efficient.
- An act to frame someone; an effort or arrangement aimed at placing the blame on somebody.
- Trust me, that was a setup!
- (computing) An installer.
- After inserting the disk, run the setup.
- (operations) The process of arranging resources for performing a specific operation, as a run of a particular product.
- A simple setup on the bottling line involves reloading bottles and labels; emptying, cleaning, and reloading the tanks; and a test run.