Nadine wished that she had never started smoking because it is hard to quit.
- A major reason why people smoke is because they are addicted to the nicotine in the tobacco.
- Other reasons people smoke is peer pressure.
- Health consequences include heart disease, cancer, stroke, cataracts, thyroid disease, gum disease, bronchitis, emphysema, asthma and pnuemonia.
- Withdrawal symptoms from nicotine often begin with 48 hours without a cigarette. They include:
- Physical - Tingling in the hands and feet, cramps, nausea, sweating, headaches and cold symptoms.
- Emotional and Mental - Temper tantrums, confusion, insomnia, irritability, anxiety and depression.
The definition of smoking is using tobacco in a cigarette, cigar or pipe.
Facts About Smoking
An example of smoking is lighting up a cigarette in a bar.
- Engaging in the smoking of tobacco: smoking passengers.
- Designated or reserved for smokers: the smoking section of a restaurant.
- Of or relating to the use of tobacco: corporate smoking policies.
- Present participle of smoke.
(countable and uncountable, plural smokings)
(comparative more smoking, superlative most smoking)
- Giving off smoke.
- (slang) Sexually attractive, usually referring to a woman.
- That woman is smoking!