These sheep have been sheared.
The definition of sheared is something that has had its fur evenly trimmed.
An example of sheared is a sheep that has had its wool cut off.
subjected to shearing; esp., designating fur trimmed to give it an even surface: sheared beaver
Shaped or finished by shearing, especially cut or trimmed to a uniform length: a sheared fur coat.
- Simple past tense and past participle of shear.
- It is a sustainable choice; every year the sheep will grow new wool to be sheared.
- A properly sheared tree will show live buds at the end of each branch, ready for the next growing season.
- American sheep are sheared twice a year, versus Kyrgyz merino sheep that are sheared only once per year.
- Igneous complex of sheared igneous rocks; granites.
- Occasionally serpentines become sheared without yielding talcose minerals; they are then known as serpentine-schist and antigoriteschist, the latter being tough leek-green rocks, more or less transparent.