- the act of a person or thing that screens
- a screen or set of screens
- mesh used in a screen
- material separated out by a sifting screen
- a special, often private, showing of a film as for critics, exhibitors, etc.
- screenings (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Refuse, such as waste coal, separated by a screen.
- The mesh material used to make door or window screens.
- A presentation of a movie.
- A systematic examination or assessment, done especially to detect an unwanted substance or attribute.
(countable and uncountable, plural screenings)
- (uncountable) Mesh material that is used to screen (as in a "screen door").
- I'll have to buy some screening and fix the doors before mosquito season starts.
- The process of checking or filtering.
- The airports are slow now because the pre-boarding screening is so inefficient.
- The showing of a film
- The examination and treatment of a material to detect and remove unwanted fractions
- (in the plural) Material removed by such a process; refuse left after screening sand, coal, ashes, etc.
- (soccer) shielding
- Present participle of screen.