- The definition of scenic is relating to the stage or theatre, or having beautiful scenery or views.
An example of something scenic is a ride through a gorgeous nature trail.
Two chairs with a scenic view.
scenic definition by Webster's New World
- of the stage; dramatic; theatrical
- relating to stage effects or stage scenery
- having to do with natural scenery
- having beautiful scenery; affording beautiful views
- representing an action, event, etc.
Origin: Middle French scénique ; from Classical Latin scenicus ; from Classical Greek skēnikos ; from skēnē, scene
- scenically adverb
scenic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to the stage, stage scenery, or theatrical representation: scenic design.
- Constituting or affording pleasing views of natural features: climbed a hill for a scenic panorama of the valley; a scenic drive along the crater rim.
- sceˈni·cal·ly adverb