- a person who rides
- an addition or amendment to a document such as a contract
- a clause, usually dealing with some unrelated matter, added to a legislative bill when it is being considered for passage
- any of various devices or pieces moving along or mounted on something else
- One that rides, especially one who rides horses.
- An unrelated provision added to a legislative bill as a means of trying to get the provision adopted along with the bill or to hamper the passage of the bill.
- An amendment or addition annexed to a document, of which it is considered to be a part. Also called allonge .
- Something, such as the top rail of a fence, that rests on or is supported by something else.
rider - Legal Definition
An addition or change to a written document by way of a supplemental writing; for example, a rider to an insurance policy may modify or expand the conditions of the original policy, or may change amounts of coverage, or may delete certain risks.