- Recap is short for recapitulation or briefly going over what has already been said.
An example of a recap is the summary of a new program before the show is over.
- The definition of a recap is a tire that has been repaired by attaching new rubber treads.
An example of a recap is a retreaded tire.
- To recap is to repair a tire by attaching new rubber treads, or to replace the top on a container.
- An example of recap is to repair a bald tire with new tread.
- An example of recap is to put the top back onto a screw-top wine bottle.
recap definition by Webster's New World
transitive verb recapped, recapping
☆ to put a new tread on (a worn pneumatic tire) by cementing a strip of crude rubber to the old casing and vulcanizing in a mold; retread
Origin: re- plush cap
a recapped tire; retread
- recappable adjective
recap definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb re·capped, re·cap·ping, re·caps
- To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the bottle.
- To restore (a used tire of a motor vehicle) to usable condition by bonding new rubber onto the worn tread and lateral surface.
A tire that has been recapped.
Informaltransitive verb re·capped, re·cap·ping, re·caps
To recapitulate: recapped the headlines at the end of the news broadcast.noun
A recapitulation, as of a news report.