- Recap is short for recapitulation or briefly going over what has already been said.
An example of a recap is the summary of a new program before the show is over.
- The definition of a recap is a tire that has been repaired by attaching new rubber treads.
An example of a recap is a retreaded tire.
- To recap is to repair a tire by attaching new rubber treads, or to replace the top on a container.
- An example of recap is to repair a bald tire with new tread.
- An example of recap is to put the top back onto a screw-top wine bottle.
Origin: re- plush cap
- recappable adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb re·capped, re·cap·ping, re·caps
- To replace a cap or caplike covering on: recapped the bottle.
- To restore (a used tire of a motor vehicle) to usable condition by bonding new rubber onto the worn tread and lateral surface.
Informaltransitive verb re·capped, re·cap·ping, re·caps