- materials for rails
- rails collectively
- a fence or balustrade made of rails and posts
- a. A structure made of a rail, often connecting a series of upright members, that is used as a guard or barrier or for support, as on a balcony or next to a staircase.b. The rail of such a structure.
- Rails considered as a group.
British use is normally the plural.
- Present participle of rail.
- He was leaning over the railing overlooking the massive marble foyer.
- The door opened, and Lana gripped the railing to keep from fleeing.
- He placed his hands on the railing and gazed into the distance, pensive.
- With her feminine frame trapped between him and the railing, she was glaring up at him.
- In addition, the hand railing on each side forms a girder 4 ft.