- the farthest point to which rails have been laid in a railroad
- Mil. the point on a railroad at which supplies are unloaded and distributed
- The farthest point on a railroad to which rails have been laid.
- A place on a railroad where military supplies are unloaded.
- A point on a railway system where goods are loaded, unloaded or transferred to other transport.
- (US) The furthest point on a railroad under construction to which rails have been laid.
- (military) An area of hostile territory at the end of a rail line that, when captured, serves for the continuous movement into position of further troops and material.