- The definition of a progeny is an offspring, descendant or a creative result.
- An example of progeny is a person's child.
- An example of progeny is a person's invention.
children, descendants, or offspring collectively; issue
Origin of progenyMiddle English progenie ; from Middle French ; from Classical Latin progenies, descent, lineage, race, family ; from progignere: see progenitor
nounpl. progeny or prog·e·nies
- a. The organism or organisms resulting from sexual or asexual reproduction.b. A child or children of a parent or parents: claimed to be the progeny of the king.c. A person's descendants considered as a group.
- A result or product: lies that were the progeny of fear.
Origin of progenyMiddle English progeni, from Old French progenie, from Latin prōgeniēs, from prōgignere, to beget; see progenitor.
(countable and uncountable, plural progenies)
From Old French progenie, from Latin progenies.