- Parlance is a manner or method of speaking characteristic to a particular culture or native language.
The terms "LOL" or "ROTFL" are examples of words that have become common parlance in the language of the Internet.
- Archaic conversation; esp., parley or debate
- a style or manner of speaking or writing; language; idiom: military parlance
Origin of parlanceAnglo-French parlaunce ; from Old French ; from parler: see parley
- A particular manner of speaking; idiom: legal parlance.
- Speech, especially a conversation or parley.
Origin of parlanceMiddle French, from Old French, from parler, to speak; see parley.
From Anglo-Norman parlance, parlaunce, from parler (â€œto talkâ€) + -ance.