- Parlance is a manner or method of speaking characteristic to a particular culture or native language.
The terms "LOL" or "ROTFL" are examples of words that have become common parlance in the language of the Internet.
parlance definition by Webster's New World
- Archaic conversation; esp., parley or debate
- a style or manner of speaking or writing; language; idiom: military parlance
Origin: Anglo-French parlaunce ; from Old French ; from parler: see parley
parlance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A particular manner of speaking; idiom: legal parlance.
- Speech, especially a conversation or parley.
Origin: Middle French, from Old French, from parler, to speak; see parley.