The definition of a conversation is a sharing of thoughts and ideas.noun
An example of a conversation is two friends talking while having coffee together.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the act or an instance of talking together; specif.,
- familiar talk; verbal exchange of ideas, opinions, etc.
- an informal conference on a problem or area of interest by representatives of governments, factions, etc.
- sexual intercourse: now only in the legal phrase criminal conversation, i.e., adultery as grounds for divorce or other action
- Archaic manner of living; behavior
- Obsolete social intercourse
- Obsolete familiarity based on study or use
Origin: ME conversacioun < OFr conversation < L conversatio < pp. of conversari: see converse
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The spoken exchange of thoughts, opinions, and feelings; talk.b. An instance of this: held a long conversation on the subject.
- An informal discussion of a matter by representatives of governments, institutions, or organizations.
- conˌver·saˈtion·al adjective
- conˌver·saˈtion·al·ly adverb
conversation - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.