- The definition of a pang is a sharp and sudden physical or emotional pain.
- An example of a pang is jealousy felt from seeing your recent ex-girlfriend in a restaurant with her new boyfriend.
- An example of a pang is the sting from a body piercing.
pang definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
a sudden, sharp, and brief pain, physical or emotional; spasm of distress
Origin: ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Late Middle English pronge: see prong
pang definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A sudden sharp spasm of pain. See Synonyms at pain.
- A sudden sharp feeling of emotional distress.
To cause to feel pangs; distress acutely.
Origin: Origin unknown.
pang - Medical Definition
A sudden sharp spasm of pain.