- The definition of a pang is a sharp and sudden physical or emotional pain.
- An example of a pang is jealousy felt from seeing your recent ex-girlfriend in a restaurant with her new boyfriend.
- An example of a pang is the sting from a body piercing.
Origin: from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Late Middle English pronge: see prong
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A sudden sharp spasm of pain. See Synonyms at pain.
- A sudden sharp feeling of emotional distress.
Origin: Origin unknown.
pang - Medical Definition