- Oversee is defined as to watch or direct something.
An example of to oversee is to make sure that employees are properly completing a project.
The manager oversees the warehouse employees.
oversee definition by Webster's New World
- to watch over and manage; supervise; superintend
- to catch sight of (a person or persons in some action) secretly or accidentally
- to survey; watch
- Archaic to examine; inspect
Origin: Middle English overseen ; from Old English oferseon: see over and amp; see
oversee definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb o·ver·saw , o·ver·seen , o·ver·see·ing, o·ver·sees
- To watch over and direct; supervise. See Synonyms at supervise.
- To subject to scrutiny; examine or inspect.