- An example of over the top is when your husband takes you out on a great romantic night that was way better than you were hoping for, getting you lots of flowers and candy and presents.
- An example of over the top is an ugly dress you have to wear as a bridesmaid that has tons and tons of pearls and feathers and frills.
- Alternative spelling of over the top.
(comparative more over the top, superlative most over the top)
- Over the top occurs only following a copula as the object of a sentence, as above, whereas
- Over-the-top is used where the adjective occurs before the word it modifies, as
- He gave an over-the-top performance.