- Ouch is defined as a way to express pain.
When someone steps on a piece of glass, their exclamation is an example of ouch.
This person is about to say ouch!
ouch definition by Webster's New World
Origin: echoic of natural cry
- a clasp or buckle; specif., an ornament with a clasp, esp. when set with precious stones
- a setting for a precious stone
Origin: ; from Middle English (a n)ouche ; from Old French nousche ; from Frankish an unverified form nuskja, brooch, akin to Old High German nusca, a clasp ; from Indo-European base an unverified form ned-, to twist together from source net
ouch definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A setting for a precious stone.
- A brooch or buckle set with jewels.
- Obsolete A clasp; a brooch.
Origin: Middle English ouche, from Anglo-Norman (une) ouche, alteration of (une) nouch, (a) brooch, of Germanic origin; see ned- in Indo-European roots.