used to express sudden or surprised dismay, or, sometimes, implied apology, after one has blundered, tripped, broken something, misspoken, etc.
Used to express acknowledgment of a minor accident, blunder, or mistake.
A presumably 'natural' exclamation, only attested since 1933, possibly altered to (from) whoops (attested since 1933)
- object-oriented programming system
oops - Computer Definition
- Whether it was an intentional publicity stunt or the unfortunate mix of a sheer black material and flash photography has never really been determined, but either way, a definite oops.
- Visitor Tips: General visitation tips can help you make the most of a day at any theme park, such as knowing how to use theme park maps effectively, practicing roller coaster safety tips, or knowing how to avoid water slide oops.
- Many couples choose to have a wedding vow renewal on a significant anniversary, after a particular difficult time in their lives or because they encountered too many wedding oops to recover from in a dignified manner.
- Since she gained great notoriety as one of the co-stars of Friends, the paparazzi seem to have made it their priority to follow her around to catch as many of the Jennifer Aniston oops moments as possible on film.
- A water coaster is unlike any other passive water slide, and guests need to ride the slides appropriately for the safest experience to ensure they avoid any embarrassing or dangerous water slide oops.