used to express sudden or surprised dismay, or, sometimes, implied apology, after one has blundered, tripped, broken something, misspoken, etc.
Used to express acknowledgment of a minor accident, blunder, or mistake.
A presumably 'natural' exclamation, only attested since 1933, possibly altered to (from) whoops (attested since 1933)
- object-oriented programming system
oops - Computer Definition
- Whether it was an intentional publicity stunt or the unfortunate mix of a sheer black material and flash photography has never really been determined, but either way, a definite oops.
- Visitor Tips: General visitation tips can help you make the most of a day at any theme park, such as knowing how to use theme park maps effectively, practicing roller coaster safety tips, or knowing how to avoid water slide oops.
- Nothing spells funny like a group of zombies dressed as Britney Spears - except a group of zombies dressed as Britney Spears who dance and sing Oops, I did it Again at random moments.
- Many couples choose to have a wedding vow renewal on a significant anniversary, after a particular difficult time in their lives or because they encountered too many wedding oops to recover from in a dignified manner.
- Since she gained great notoriety as one of the co-stars of Friends, the paparazzi seem to have made it their priority to follow her around to catch as many of the Jennifer Aniston oops moments as possible on film.