- a person or thing that multiplies or increases
- Econ. the ratio between the total increase in income resulting from the stimulating effect of an initial expenditure and the initial expenditure itself
- Math. the number by which another number (the multiplicand) is, or is to be, multiplied
- Physics any device for multiplying, or intensifying, some effect
See multiplier in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- One that multiplies: This old house is a multiplier of expenses.
- Mathematics The number by which another number is multiplied. In 8 × 32, the multiplier is 8.
- Physics A device, such as a phototube, used to enhance or increase an effect.
Learn more about multiplier