- a part placed at, or forming, a mouth: the mouthpiece of a telephone, a pipe, a horse's bit, etc.
- the part of a musical instrument held in or to the mouth
- a person, periodical, etc. used by some other person or persons to express their views, ideas, etc.
- Slang a lawyer who defends criminals
- A part, as of a musical instrument or a telephone, that functions in or near the mouth.
- Sports A rubber or flexible plastic protective device worn over the teeth, as by boxers.
- Informal One, such as a spokesperson, through which views are expressed.
- Slang A lawyer.