- Mobilization is the process of making something capable of movement, or to have people and resources ready to move or act.
An example of a mobilization is providing a wheelchair to a handicapped patient.
- The act of mobilizing
- The marshalling of troops and national resources in preparation for war.
- The process by which the armed forces of a nation are brought to a state of readiness for a conflict.
- (geology) The softening of rock such that geochemical migration can take place
- (genetics) The transport of a copy of a gene from one chromosome, or one organism to another
Variant of mobilize
transitive verbmobilized, mobilizing
- to make mobile, or movable
- to put into motion, circulation, or use
- to bring into readiness for immediate active service in war
- to organize (people, resources, etc.) for active service or use in any emergency, drive, etc.
Origin of mobilizeFrench mobiliser
to become organized and ready, as for war