miller definition by Webster's New World
- a person who owns or operates a mill, esp. a flour mill
- milling machine
- a tool to be used in such a machine
- any of various moths with wings that look dusty or powdered, suggesting a miller's clothes
Origin: Middle English mylnere
- Miller, Arthur 1915-2005; U.S. playwright
- Miller, Henry 1891-1980; U.S. writer
- Miller, Joaquin (pseud. of Cincinnatus Heine Miller) 1837?-1913; U.S. poet
- Miller, Joe 1684-1738; Eng. stage comedian: Joe Miller's Jest-book (1739), a book of jokes attributed to him, was published after his death
miller definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who works in, operates, or owns a mill, especially a grain mill.
- A milling machine.
- Any of various moths whose wings and bodies have a powdery appearance.
, Arthur Asher 1915-2005.
, (Alton) Glenn 1904-1944.
, Henry Valentine 1891-1980.
, Joaquin Pseudonym of Cincinnatus Hiner Miller. 1837-1913.
, Merton Howard 1923-2000.
, William 1782-1849.