a drink made of milk, flavoring, and, usually, ice cream, mixed or shaken until frothy
also milk shake
- A beverage that is made of milk, ice cream, and often flavoring and is blended or whipped until foamy. Also called shake . Also called also called regionally cabinet . Also called frappe . Also called velvet .
- New England A beverage made of milk and flavored syrup, whipped until foamy.
- A thick beverage consisting of milk and ice cream mixed together, often with fruit, chocolate, or other flavoring.
- (New England, Australia, New Zealand) A thin beverage, similar to the above, but without ice cream or significantly less of it.
- A beverage consisting of fruit juice, water, and some milk, as served in Southeast Asia.
- (slang) Female sex appeal or promiscuity.