nounRhode Island & Southeastern Massachusetts
See milk shake.
Origin of frappeAlteration of frappé.
- A frozen, fruit-flavored mixture that is similar to sherbet and served as a dessert or appetizer.
- A beverage, usually a liqueur, poured over shaved ice.
- In ballet, the hitting or striking of the foot on the floor.
Origin of frappeFrench, from past participle of frapper, to strike, chill, from Old French fraper, to strike, probably of imitative origin.
From French frappÃ©
Variant of frappé
partly frozen; iced; cooled
Origin of frappéFrench past participle of frapper, to strike
- a dessert made of partly frozen beverages, fruit juices, etc.
- a drink made of some beverage poured over shaved ice
- New England a milkshake
Also, esp. for n. 3, frappe