machination[mak′ə nā′s̸hən, mas̸h′-]
- The definition of machination is a carefully crafted scheme or plot, usually to achieve some sinister goal.
A plot to steal something is an example of a machination.
- Rare the act of machinating
- an artful or secret plot or scheme, esp. one with evil intent: usually used in pl.
Origin of machinationMiddle English machinacion ; from Classical Latin machinatio
- The act of scheming or plotting.
- A crafty scheme or cunning design for the accomplishment of a sinister end.