Litigation is defined as an argument being resolved in court, often with lawyers.
An example of litigation is a lawsuit.
- the act or process of carrying on a lawsuit
- a lawsuit
Origin of litigationLate Latin litigatio
(countable and uncountable, plural litigations)
- (law) The conduct of a lawsuit
- There is ongoing litigation in this matter.
- This law firm is known for its litigation practice.
- That attorney has been chastized for his litigation behavior.
litigate +"Ž -tion
litigation - Legal Definition
A legal action; the process of bringing and carrying on a legal action.