- with little weight, pressure, or motion; gently
- to a small degree or amount: to spend lightly
- nimbly; deftly
- cheerfully; merrily
- with indifference or neglect
- so as to slight
- with little or no reason
- with little or no punishment: to let someone off lightly
- Now Rare with ease; readily
- With little weight or force; gently.
- To a slight extent or amount: apply paint lightly.
- a. With little difficulty; easily.b. With agility and grace; nimbly.
- a. In a carefree manner; cheerfully: took the news lightly.b. Without sufficient care or consideration; indifferently: treated the situation much too lightly.
(comparative more lightly, superlative most lightly)
- In a light manner.
- As a teacher, I don't take rudeness in class lightly.
light +â€Ž -ly