- a small, single-masted sailing vessel with a mainsail and jib, but no bowsprit
- something suitable for knockabout use
- rough; noisy; boisterous
- made or suitable for knocking about or rough use
- Boisterous; rowdy.
- Appropriate for rough wear or use: a knockabout overcoat.
A small sloop with a mainsail, jib, and keel but no bowsprit.
- Suitable for rough use.
- I have a knockabout cello for non-concert gigs.
- (sailing) A small sailboat lacking a bowsprit, of a type found primarily in the Massachusetts area
- We sailed our knockabout around Cape Cod.
- (entertainment) A slapstick comedy or comedian.
- (circus) A tumbler.
- Clothing suitable for rough use.
- Workers habitually engaged in casual employment.
- People living in rough, violent conditions.