(third-person singular simple present knocks around, present participle knocking around, simple past and past participle knocked around) (informal)
- to spend time with someone as a friend
- I used to knock around with John when we were younger.
- To do a relaxing activity.
- I like to knock around the garden on Saturdays.
- To be in an unknown place.
- I've got some scissors knocking around somewhere in the kitchen.
- To hit someone, or behave violently towards them.
- It was known that he would knock his wife around when he had been drinking.