(plural knock abouts)
- an informal game, usually football
(third-person singular simple present knocks about, present participle knocking about, simple past and past participle knocked about) (informal)
- to spend time with someone as a friend
- I used to knock about with John when we were younger.
- To do a relaxing activity.
- I like to knock about the garden on Saturdays.
- To be in an unknown place.
- I've got some scissors knocking about somewhere in the kitchen.
- To hit someone, or behave violently towards them.
- It was known that he would knock his wife about when he had been drinking.
- attributive form of knock about
- knock-about participant