Mother and daughters cooking in the kitchen.
An example of a kitchen is the room in your home that has a stove, refrigerator and cabinets for storing food.
- a room or place or the equipment for the preparation and cooking of food
- a staff that cooks and serves food
Origin of kitchenMiddle English kychene ; from Old English cycene ; from Vulgar Latin cocina, cucina: see cuisine
- A room or an area equipped for preparing and cooking food.
- A style of cooking; cuisine: a restaurant with a fine French kitchen.
- A staff that prepares, cooks, and serves food.
Origin of kitchenMiddle English kichene, from Old English cycene, probably from Vulgar Latin *coc&imacron;na, from Late Latin coqu&imacron;na, from feminine of Latin coqu&imacron;nus, of cooking, from coquus, cook, from coquere, to cook; see pekw- in Indo-European roots.
- A surname.