- A restaurant with excellent food is an example of a restaurant with excellent cuisine.
- Food that is considered to be "French food" is an example of French cuisine.
The definition of cuisine is a certain cooking style or quality of cooking, or food from a certain region or country.
- Archaic the kitchen
- style of cooking; manner of preparing food
- the food prepared, as at a restaurant
Origin of cuisineFrench ; from Late Latin cocina, earlier coquina, kitchen ; from Classical Latin coquere, to cook
- A characteristic manner or style of preparing food: Spanish cuisine.
- Food; fare.
Origin of cuisineFrench, from Old French, from Vulgar Latin *cocīna, variant of Latin coquīna, kitchen, cookery, from coquere, to cook; see pekw- in Indo-European roots.