A stainless steel jigger.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a person who jigs
- a small cup or glass used to measure liquor, containing usually 1 fluid ounces
- the quantity of liquor in a jigger
- any device or contraption whose name does not occur to one; gadget
- jig ()
- any of several devices that operate with a jerky, reciprocating motion
- a device used in making ceramic ware that consists of a rotating molded plaster form that shapes clay into a number of identical plates, bowls, etc.
- a small tackle, as for hoisting
- the smaller, aftermost sail of a yawl or ketch
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A person who jigs or operates a jig.
- a. A small measure for liquor, usually holding 1 1/2 ounces.b. This amount of liquor.
- A device, such as a drill, that operates with a jerking or jolting motion.
- Nautical a. A light all-purpose tackle.b. A small sail set in the stern of a yawl or similar boat.c. A boat having such a sail.d. A jigger mast.
- Informal An article or a device, the name of which eludes one.