- An example of jersey is the material used to make a cotton t-shirt.
- An example of a jersey is a New York Knicks team uniform top.
- An example of a Jersey is a fawn-colored cow that makes milk rich in butterfat.
- a soft, elastic, knitted cloth
- a closefitting pullover sweater or shirt worn by athletes, sailors, etc.
- any closefitting, knitted upper garment
Origin of jerseyafter Jersey: origin, originally used of worsted garments made on Jersey from locally produced wool
- largest of the Channel Islands of the United Kingdom, 15 mi (24 km) from the coast of France: 45 sq mi (117 sq km)
- Informal New Jersey
- A soft, plain-knitted fabric used for clothing.
- a. A shirt worn by an athlete, often displaying the name of the player, team, or sponsor.b. A close-fitting knitted pullover shirt, jacket, or sweater.
- often Jersey Any of a breed of fawn-colored dairy cattle developed on the island of Jersey and producing milk that is rich in butterfat.
Origin of jerseyAfter Jersey.
- A type of fabric knit
From a typical fisherman's sweater used on the island of Jersey.