A diabetic jabs her finger to check her blood sugar.
verbjabbed jabbed, jab·bing, jabs
- To poke or thrust abruptly: jabbed a knife into the log.
- To stab or pierce: jabbed the steak with a fork.
- To punch (someone) with short straight blows.
- To make an abrupt poking or thrusting motion: jabbed at the pickles with his fork.
- To deliver a short straight punch.
- A quick stab or blow.
- Sports A short straight punch in boxing.
- Informal A hypodermic injection.
Origin of jabVariant of job2.
- A quick stab or blow
- (boxing) A short straight punch.
- (UK) A medical injection.
- Our dog was exposed to rabies, so the whole family went to a clinic to get our jabs.
- (US, figuratively) A verbal annoyance.