- The definition of irresistible is something that you have to have because it is too desirable or wonderful to restrain yourself from having.
A delicious piece of chocolate cake is an example of something that would be described as irresistible by a person who loves chocolate cake.
Some might find these chocolates irresistible.
Origin of irresistibleLate Latin irresistibilis
- Impossible to resist: an irresistible impulse to sneeze.
- Having an overpowering appeal: irresistible beauty.
- Usage Problem Inevitable or inexorable.
- ir′re·sis′ti·bil′i·ty, ir′re·sis′ti·ble·ness
(comparative more irresistible, superlative most irresistible)
- Not able to be resisted.