- The definition of an interlocutor is a person officially involved in a conversation, or a performer in a minstrel show who performs with the beginning and end performers.
- An example of an interlocutor is an official person involved in a conversation about a new traffic law.
- An example of an interlocutor a master of ceremonies at a minstrel show.
interlocutor definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person taking part in a conversation or dialogue
- ☆ an entertainer in a minstrel show who serves as master of ceremonies and as a foil for the end men
Origin: ; from past participle of Classical Latin interloqui: see interlocution
interlocutor definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Someone who takes part in a conversation, often formally or officially.
- The performer in a minstrel show who is placed midway between the end men and engages in banter with them.