- Judgement, an alternative spelling for judgment, is defined as an opinion or a decision given by a legal court.
- An example of judgement is someone with body piercings being thought of as irresponsible.
- An example of judgement is someone receiving a life sentence for committing a murder.
The judgement of the court is delivered.
Variant of judgment.
From Old French jugement, from Late Latin iÅ«dicÄmentum.
Variant of judgment
- the act of judging; deciding
- a legal decision; order, decree, or sentence given by a judge or law court
- a debt or other obligation resulting from a court order
- a document recording this obligation
- a misfortune looked on as a punishment from God
- an opinion or estimate
- criticism or censure
- the ability to come to opinions about things; power of comparing and deciding; understanding; good sense
- Bible justice; right
- Last Judgment
Origin of judgmentMiddle English jugement ; from Old French ; from Medieval Latin judicamentum ; from Classical Latin judicare: see judge,
Also sp. judgement