- of, having the nature of, or occurring in dialogue; conversational
- interjected: interlocutory wit
- Law pronounced during the course of a suit, pending final decision; not final: an interlocutory divorce decree
Origin of interlocutoryEcclesiastical Medieval Latin interlocutorius: see interlocution
Determining a matter during the course of a case and not part of a final decision: an interlocutory decree.
- (rare) A person engaged in a conversation, an interlocutor.
- Interpolated discussion or dialogue.
interlocutory - Legal Definition
Of an order, that it is temporary, pending a trial on the merits.