Variant of question
- an asking; inquiry
- something that is asked; interrogative sentence, as in seeking to learn or in testing another's knowledge; query
- doubt; uncertainty: no question of his veracity
- something in controversy before a court
- a problem; matter open to discussion or inquiry
- a matter or case of difficulty: not a question of money
- a point being debated or a resolution brought up for approval or rejection before an assembly
- the procedure of putting such a matter to a vote
Origin: ME < Anglo-Fr questiun < OFr question < L quaestio < pp. of quaerere, to ask, inquire
- to ask a question or questions of; interrogate; put queries to
- to express uncertainty about; doubt
- to dispute; challenge
Origin: LME questyonen < MFr questionner < the n.
- questioner noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.