A passport is a form of identification.
- Identification is defined as the act of determining who someone or what something is.
A person choosing a suspect from a police lineup is an example of identification.
- The definition of identification is the document with your picture and personal information.
A driver’s license is an example of identification.
- an identifying or being identified
- something, esp. a card or document, serving to establish the identity of someone or something: a driver's license is accepted as identification
- Psychoanalysis a mainly unconscious process by which a person formulates a mental image of another person and then thinks, feels, and acts in a way which resembles this image
Origin of identificationFrench
- a. The act of identifying.b. The state of being identified.
- Abbr. ID Proof or evidence of identity.
- Psychology A person's association with or assumption of the qualities, characteristics, or views of another person or group.
(countable and uncountable, plural identifications)
- The act of identifying, or proving to be the same.
- Much education and experience is required for proper identification of bird species
- The state of being identified.
- A particular instance of identifying something.
- information necessary to make a good identification
- A document or documents serving as evidence of a person's identity.
- The authorities asked for his identification
- A feeling of support, sympathy, understanding or belonging towards somebody or something.
From French identification.