- The definition of a designation is the act of pointing someone out with a name, a title or an assignment.
An example of designation is someone being named president of an organization.
- a pointing out; indication
- a naming for an office, post, or duty
- a distinguishing name, title, etc.
Origin: Middle English designacioun ; from Classical Latin designatio: see designate
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of designating; a marking or pointing out.
- Nomination or appointment.
- A distinguishing name or title.
designation - Computer Definition
A name, title or identification of something. If ABC is designated as "123," then ABC is called "123," or ABC is assigned to the "123" category.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.